Your home or commercial building are in need of roofing services. Ottawa is home to a number of fine, qualified roofing companies but not every business is able to offer the same services. In order to narrow your search, consider these functions that will best fit the combination of roofing and labor.
- Commercial, Residential, Industrial – Every building is unique. Even on a block where each house is a clone of another, there are sometimes subtle variances that need to be considered. When working with a commercial or industrial structure, there are even more nuances including the overall structure and building use. Target a roofing company that has significant experience working with your type of building.
- General – Some companies deal with more generic repairs and replacements. They will also offer ancillary services like snow removal, gutter repair and cleaning, etc.
- Eco-Friendly – Not every roofing company has access to products that are “green”. If you are serious about the ecological factors, select a company that has worked with these products for several years to find out which will give you the best value for your money. This can include replacement, repairs, and preventative maintenance.
- Teams – Using a company that has teams who have worked together for a number of years is a real advantage. They are likely to be more efficient and dedicated to customer satisfaction. Experience can also mean they are able to deal with challenges, especially those that are unexpected.
- Technology – Every industry has its own version of technology. Finding one that uses modern methods and technological advances means you have chosen a company that cares enough about its field that it will invest in the education and equipment necessary to give your new roof the latest advances possible.
- Price – Ethical companies will respect the budget you have established and will make every effort to control costs. There are circumstances where additional work or different materials are necessary. You also don’t want a company that will surprise you at the end of the project with hidden costs or surcharges you weren’t expecting.
- Safety – Professional roofers will maintain insurance coverage on their workmanship and for workers compensation for the employees. They will also use appropriate measures to ensure the safety of the workers as well as the property of the client.
- Ancillary Needs – Some companies stick to roofing but others are able to help with ventilation, skylights, eavestroughing, snow removal, gutter work, etc. If any of these are services you anticipate, be sure to find out their qualifications before signing the contract.
- Surrounding Area – There are companies that will only work in Ottawa, but there are some who will be able to help you if you live in other cities like Kanata, Marrhaven, Manotick and others.
- Short Notice and Emergencies – In addition to using quality products, not everyone is able to offer emergency services. This can frequently occur following a big storm when many customers are looking for an immediate resolution.
As you can tell, there are a number of factors to take into consideration when selecting an Ottawa roofer.